The BMV-700 is our newest high precision battery monitor. The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery. Ampere hours consumed are calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
How to connect the BMV 700 Battery Monitor
Battery ‘fuel gauge’, time-to-go indicator, and much more.
- The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature and the age of the battery.
- Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account. Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-700 series also displays state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts.
- The BMV-702 features an additional input which can be programmed to measure the voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage (see below).
- Easy to install All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); no other components needed.
- Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance; a securing ring for the rear mounting and screws for the front mounting.
- Easy to program. A quick install menu and a detailed setup menu with scrolling texts assists the user when going through the various settings. Please consult the manual for details.